Tuesday, December 27, 2022

 December 26, 2022  Through a glass darkly


As we get close to beginning another year, I wonder whether or not most of us who call ourselves believers in Christ Jesus as Lord have been hearing or seeing what the Lord is doing or if we have had our eyes in the mumble jumble of what our fellow believers and prognosticators have been writing about concerning the circumstances of these days?

As I look through the looking glass darkly I see some things that look familiar to what I read in the scriptures...and yet I wonder why I am seeing these things and people whose insights I have valued over the years see very different things?

Strangely it is about Babylon that I see: Is it strange that there's a new movie out called Babylon?

Genesis 11: 4  “Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.”

Dan: 4:29 Twelve months later, as the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon, 30 he said, “Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?”

So the King lost everything he had access to and spent 7 years in the field eating grass like an animal. In his case, he did have his Kingship restored after 7 years as he repented.

Daniel 4: 34 At the end of the days I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever,

for his dominion is an everlasting dominion,
    and his kingdom endures from generation to generation.
35 all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing,
    and he does according to his will among the host of heaven
    and among the inhabitants of the earth;
and none can stay his hand
    or say to him, “What have you done?”

36 At the same time my reason returned to me, and for the glory of my kingdom, my majesty and splendor returned to me. My counselors and my lords sought me, and I was established in my kingdom, and still more greatness was added to me. 37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are right and his ways are just; and those who walk in pride he is able to humble.


I had a Christmas card that came from a dear friend and she clings to the hope that a day when the USA saw "better days" might be restored.
Over and over I continue to read from people I once trusted to see and hear what the Lord God is doing who are looking to seeing this nation become "great again." At the same time others are saying we are a great nation above other nations....and profess to be saviours of our way of life they call democracy.

\
Yet, in all these things I have yet to read of the one of the things that I saw   clearly through the cloudy window:...REPENT...and indeed the Lord's works are right and his ways are just; and those who walk in pride he is able to humble."

It took Nebuchadnezzar 7 years to repent.... humbled as an animal eating in the field...yet he was granted another opportunity. Sadly as we in this nation are facing a variety of epidemics, inflation, rising taxes, corruption at the highest levels of government with little accountability, and a level of immorality throughout this nation often even unknown in "heathen" godless nations ...there is little sign of repentance. As I write this, I see even many of those proclaiming belief in the Most High that are not only not dealing with their own immorality, corruption, divisiveness but seem to have no concept of what "repentance" is in face of the Most High God who "does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth."  

Where is the Lord God taking us? Is it towards the one world government spoken of in the scriptures? IF so why are those who profess belief in Jesus Christ as Lord working so hard to "turn things around" as if the army that God has chosen to bring about the end times is subject to the will of man? The LORD God, Yahweh creator of heaven and earth and the very source of Life as it exists anywhere in the universe....is accomplishing HIs plan. It is bringing out a glorious time called the manifestation of the Kingdom of God on the earth...when ALL things are under His feet. But the path He is taking us requires that we let go of all our rights and trust Him? Will we find that we are more willing to yield our rights to an earthy kingdom in order to have some measure of financial security as our currency gets manipulated and our food supplies dwindle, and our peace of mind is interrupted by crimes committed by the millions of people in the world that are not subject to same laws and principles that we have held?

Among those who also see through the glass darkly....we tend to agree that there are very few who are even looking to see what the LORD God is doing as we are more comfortable with our traditional ways of thinking rather than admit we are helpless and hopeless apart from the security of knowing HE IS IN CHARGE..HE IS LORD over all the earth. Who are we to think our comfort will change God's plan for all the earth and heavens to be reconciled in His Son? Do I know what that means? No..only that things as they are will not ever be as they were. They can't be as what we know  and have known, is this plan of man  being worked out on the earth is facilitated by the very enemy of God who is controlled and directed by the Lord himself to accomplish that which will bring forth  the very purpose of God as He brings Peace to the earth IN HIMSELF...as He reigns victorious over what is left of the earth and heavens, and His beloved saints who have  His eternal life.  It will include, scripture tells us, the destruction of most of what we have known in this and past centuries in order for the New Order of  the Kingdom of God to be manifested for all eternity...

Repent and have your sins forgiven that you might be filled with the Life of God.then it is no longer I that liveth but the very life of Christ that dwells in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any insight you may have or response you have to these posts on my blog.